I'm Xinyi (Shin Yee)
Hello, my name is Xinyi Wang, and I am a multidisciplinary designer with specialties in Industrial Design and UXUI. I have worked professionally as an Industrial Designer for 7 years and successfully launched products ranging from kitchenware. houseware tools, consumer electronics, and IoT. My background in Industrial Design gives me a strong sense of thinking in 3D. But I think the line between physical and digital objects is getting blurrier each day as technology advances. I believe that the future of design lies in the combination of 3D and 2D. In 2022 I earned an M.F.A. in Interactive Media from the University of Miami focusing on UX/UI. This expansion in perspective of design equips me to come up with design solutions from a broader and more user-focused angle.
Prowinch Miami, USA Industrial Designer 2023/8-Current
• Revolutionizing user experiences in hoist and winch purchases, catering to hobbyists and professionals, with enhanced design and functionality.
• Ensuring visual brand consistency across the web, physical products, and user manuals, maintaining a unified product appearance and user experience.
Tupperware Brands Orlando, USA Industrial Designer 2016/1-2019/1
• Led the development of innovative dry, fridge, and freezer food conservation product solutions from the initial customer discovery through to production.
• Executed aesthetic criteria for design, marketing, production, and sales objectives.
• Created new ranges of conservation products based on the user needs and the scalability requirements within each product line and the design system.
• Engaged with marketing teams on product roadmaps and vendors, manufacturing, and engineering on product launch.
Optimal Design Chicago USA Industrial Designer 2012/7-2015/12
• Conceptualized product solutions from a user experience approach by generating provoking aesthetic designs, studying product feature trees, and repacking internal components.
• Worked closely with ME and EE engineers on the development of products for consumer, industrial, medical, and military.
• Led and designed the physical and digital user interfaces of the internal IoT products which facilitated the expansion of the company's services and potential launch.
The University of Miami 2020-2022
M.F.A Interactive Media
Arizona State University 2008-2012
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design